"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong" (Richard Feynman)

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oral Presentations Makeover

Well I realize that each class has different needs. The Spring 09 section could use a bit more guidance on the presentations. So here goes. Check BB for some new leads on presenting and here is a really great example of a young person like you presenting with powerpoint and images to tell a story that is entertaining and fun. The latter video is bit edgier.


Sky McCloud Presentation from Duarte Design on Vimeo.

For something less full of slides, check this one out with video in the presentation:


Bungee Chord Parenting from Duarte Design on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Sofi said...

I thought the first video was very funny, and the girl's use of fast power point slides kept me focused and kept my attention on her speech the entire time.
The second video that the father makes in order to teach his two sons a lesson, was a little bit hard to follow at first because the slides were appearing after he had already said them, but he started making jokes throughout his presentation so it brought me back in focus.

In my presentation I will probably follow the girl's way of a power point because it keeps the listener more on track and it is a lot more engaing.

Kyra Gaunt, Ph.D. said...

Sara, this was designed and not randomly put together. stay with a few slides for the sake of a 3-5 min presentation or 15 for the group. Shld be no more than 8-15 slides. Unless they are all images like hers.

Mohammad said...

I never imagined there would come a day when I had to take pointers about a presentation from a 13 year old (14 by the middle of the trip).

Sofi said...

I just meant that If I were to choose a power point presentation way of presenting, I would choose the first type of presentation, not the second.