"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong" (Richard Feynman)

Monday, March 10, 2008

To the Park!

Every summer my family brings the Dominican community in the neighborhood to our park by doing one thing: breaking out the instruments and playing until 3 in the morning. The men play their guitars, their acordion, their tambora, and their guirras and put together and freestyle the night away. The women dance and the children play. It is the most amazing experience I have ever encountered. Just sitting there at the park as my father plays la tambora and I dance away with a fellow Dominican friend. This practice is the Dominican Culture at its best. People just come together, whether they know each other or not, and have fun. Below is a video of what it is all like:

No comments: