"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong" (Richard Feynman)

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Kanye West and Religion

I love Kanye West but it wasn't until today's class that I realized all his religious references.


Jesus Walks
*Basically the Whole Song


Can't Tell Me Nothing
*I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven
When I awoke I spent that on a necklace
I told God I'd be back in a second
Man, it's so hard not to act reckless
To whom much is given, much is tested



Never let me down
*Let it been known that God's penmanship has been signed with a language called love
That's why my breath is felt by the deaf
And why my words are heard and confined to the ears of the blind
I, too, dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cuz whenever I open my heart, my soul, or my mouth
A touch of God reigns out
((MANA ANYONE?!))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its so funny that you say that cause until reading that blog, I never thought about how much he references god in his music. Which is crazy cause when it comes to rap especailly talented lyricists i'm usually riight on the money. But Kanye's flow is so nice and his rhymes are so tiight that you just can't help to go along with it and still not realize wat the meaning of what he says is. I think he's going thru a internal battle with his faith but that sounds like a personal problem to me lol.

Elvis V. said...

I never gave this song much thought i just listened to it because it has a good rhythm. Now i heard the lyrics and i like what Kanye West expresses how the love of God is felt or heard by the blind and the deaf. Also how whenever we open or heart, mouth and ears the reign of God comes through us. I like that part because no matter what we do or say we all passing down the love between one another.