"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong" (Richard Feynman)

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I do both Jay and Jane

This plays into our discussion regarding Gender Stereotypes. The song "I do both Jay and Jane" clearly distinct these roles through the eyes of a bi-sexual who sees men and women as equal. The song states:

Jane is sweet as honey, the taste I'm teasin'
She knows how to hit the spot, her touch is pleasing

He knows how to make me hot, his heat is healing babe
He is a special man, long, rough, and rugged

The adjectives that she chooses to describe women "sweet as honey" "her touch is pleasing." On the other hand, men were described as "long, rough, and rugged."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Link to lyrics:

http://www.lyricsdownload.com/la-rissa-i-do-both-jay-and-jane-rave-mix-lyrics.html