"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong" (Richard Feynman)

Saturday, December 27, 2008

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: XOXOXO

We bought THREE, count 'em THREE, XO laptops from our campaign from Dec 16 - 23.

My paypal account charged me $15.57 in fees which I am covering and I donated another $20 from myself. We raised a total of $642.

We have $45 remaining. I asked for a single donation on Twitter of $144 to buy a fourth. We'll see what happens. Otherwise, I will keep the $55 for next year's campaign unless someone really needs their donation returned. I'll gladly do that.
Greetings from Amazon Payments,
Your Dec 27, 2008 payment to OLPC Foundation for $597.00 has completed successfully. Here are the payment details:

Payment details:
---------------
Transaction ID: 13PSPJ55814IM1IOEJFCR32FGAB8Q6
VHHGA
Recipient: OLPC Foundation
For: Donation to provide children in developing countries with a laptop
Amount:
$597.00
Date:
Dec 27, 2008
Payment method: Mastercard XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-7018
Reference:
Donation to provide children in developing countries with a laptop
Thank you for using Amazon Payments.
CHECK OUT 2008 THANK YOU'S
FROM ACTUAL KIDS WHO GOT AN XO LAPTOP


HERE'S THE FINAL COUNT
2:30 Section
$324 in total donations from 40% of a class of 20 students
from Daniela, Caroline, Melissa, Lynda (and her mom), Kashif, Victor
and special thanks to Yaroslav. Oh and I forgot to add Jessica Gil!!

4:10 Section
$228 in total donations from 38% of a class of 26 students
from Nicaury, Terentiy, Claumery (special thanks to her office), Craig,
Jou-man/Erica, Nuzzy, Ivana, Gabrijela, Jiaying, Kayla, Maimouna and Xiang.

Also Prof. Sarah Ryan and I made contributions to the overall effort.

NEXT YEAR / 2009:

I will send out an announcement. Best way to keep in touch is through our blog. Check back in November or contact me directly. I invite you all to participate. We will start November 1 next year. I learned SO MUCH that will make next year's campaign SING! and GENERATE LOTS OF DONATIONS! I would love to have a meeting to organize things in September of 2009. If you're interested add your email and name to the comments below.

CONGRATULATIONS TO EACH AND EVERY CLASS MEMBER ON OUR MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.