"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong" (Richard Feynman)

Friday, August 29, 2008

Welcome to the Fall Semester of ANT1001!!


Our first class meeting was ... how can I say ... mind-bending! Learn more social constructs and the Peters Map, see other versions of maps including a "South up" map, and check out critiques of the Peters Map itself.

Get familiar with Web 2.0. We will be talking alot about it.
Here's a nifty image comparing Web 1.0 and Web 2.0. >>>>>

I will be posting any assignments under the tag "Assigments" in the Tag Cloud above starting next week.

Stay tuned. Prof. G

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Professor G,

My name is Jou-Man Huang. This is my first semester in Baruch College. I am sort of lost in this class. Is there a weekly schedule on the website that shows us which chapter we're suppose to prepare for class? Which website are we mainly using for assignments, Blackboard or Blogger?

Kyra Gaunt, Ph.D. said...

Check Blackboard for the downloadable weekly schedule I posted in response to your comment.

We have a quiz on Tue on Chaps 1 & 2 of Kottak. 25 questions, muliple choice only. They are not easy, but not stumpers either. You must study and capture the key terms and concepts and recognize examples of concepts on this quiz.